Bard at the Bar | November 2018
THUNDER BAY THEATRE
Downtown Alpena is home to Northeast Michigan’s only year-round professional theater, Thunder Bay Theatre (400 N. Second Ave). Housed in a hundred-year-old building, Thunder Bay Theatre provides both professional performances and educational programming all year round, utilizing a professional core company augmented with community talent.
Thunder Bay Theatre's building is currently closed due to the fire at the neighboring building in July 2020. Check out their website for updates and upcoming virtual programming.
Highlights of TBT’s season include:
- Musicals in the summer season
- A Shakespeare production each fall
- A production featuring Alpena High School’s Masquers Club each winter
- Late night cabaret’s throughout the year at downtown venues
- A series of facilitated panel discussions dedicated to topics of diversity and inclusion across identities